Friday, October 13, 2006

guts/glory

So, I don't mean to get all Psalm 139 on you, but that's all I've got right now. We went antelope hunting-as is the annual tradition- and it was spiritually uplifting like it normally is. But something different happened this year. You know after you bag your animal you have to-you know-take it apart and stuff? Well, as I was butchering it I realized that I had been thinking about how amazing God is. You know He designed us and built us...but that's too easy to say. I mean we are very, very complex. I don't know if you've ever turned an animal into food before, but: WOW, living creatures are put together really well. -And we are even more complex than antelope! So I was just in a trance...I was all "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...even this animal is fearfully and wonderfully made!" So even though I don't know His works full well, I do know full well that His works are WONDERFUL. So from guts to hide and from membranes to tendons...this process will never be the same for me again.
Another thing: my son is so cool. He really is a trooper! He kept his spirits up even after miles and miles of tromping up and down hills and through streams and over fields...He impressed me again this year-maybe even more than last year. -kmf

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can i have some antelope meat next time i'm there?

JFF said...

Hey, Keith,

I just finished reading the things you've written here. I would love to have some real conversations with the man I met in these passages.

The first one I read -- about the antelope hunting -- expressed so well the way I feel (and have felt) for most of my life. But you express it so well.

And yes, your son is amazing (as are all our grandchildren), and we love him and them and you very much!

Mom

P.S. Check out my new blog if you want -- jfpoet