Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Brand New Van


Okay, okay, okay! You and I both know that "Common One" could never actually be replaced -but, look out, Mr. Morrison, here comes David Crowder. I'm serious. You know how "Common One" hits you and carries you and all that other not-describable-with-words kind of stuff? Well, pleased to meet "A Collision"-your next ride into personal-time-in-worship-world. This album is great to enjoy with other people, but before long you'll figure out that you've been lost in some sort of prelude-to-Heaven-land, and that you've left those other people behind. It's not like my 'planet Bowie' (or its equal: 'planet Radiohead') theory. -Because this one is about God, and living to praise Him. You can kind of pick out a few songs, but this is an ALBUM much more than a collection of mere songs. I need to listen to this album more. So do you. So does Van Morrison.

and, Yes, I already DO call this guy a genius!-kmf

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just went to my local library and checked this compact disc album out. I'm listening to it now. We'll see.... i'm not sure an album with the song "Here is our King" could be considered "genius". But we'll see. So far it is very good, which is a rare thing for me to say about a "praise album."

Unknown said...

Ok. I think I might finally be convinced. I've been listening to this album A LOT lately and am pretty mesmerized. And that's saying something. Kudos Crowder!