Thursday, August 24, 2006

You take my place after all you are my son


It took me forever this time, but it was well worth the wait. I've been reading Absalom, Absalom (Faulkner, of course) for, like, the whole summer. People always think that when I pick up a book, it must be time for them to talk to me. They just won't let me be! But maybe this time it was good-so I could savor every three-page-paragraph. WOW. I'm so serious--this is absolutely my favorite novel. Not to mention(although I am mentioning it) so many songs that the book triggers ("dressed in silk and flavored milk/ bred in bone and finely honed/ to sell what we/always sell what we can't own.")...anyway, read it. And if you've already read it: good, now read it again, but this time with meaning.-kmf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you talking to me?