Tuesday, September 13, 2005

tenting it and loving it

We went camping last weekend with some of the homeschool group (but without our most-fun-friends-of-the-bunch) and it was a blast. I wonder: do teenagers who play guitar think that everyone near them wants to hear them a-singin' and a-strummin'? Like, "that's great, kid, but can't you find your own campfire...we're trying to talk here." And when the people in the adjacent spot (you know, the ones with the Excursion and the ginormous pull-behind [not pop-up, mind you]camper)say "oh, I remember when WE used to sleep in a tent" I bit my tongue SO HARD to not say "oh, back when you were happy?" ...Other than those few tiny things, we had a total bast. Which is cool because we almost didn't go because of financial reasons (food usually costs us WAY too much). But my smart wife was making a huge pot of stuffed green pepper, and when we dropped off our big, unfriendly-to-strangers-and-even-some-friends dog at my in-laws' house, they gave us a bunch of leftovers and snacks and stuff, too. So all we had to do was trust that God would somehow provide, and He did. Our trip only cost us $13 for the campsite. How awesome is that?!-kmf

1 comment:

~B said...

I had no idea that you had to bite your tongue about those people saying that about their rv...shame shame shame...;0)
~B