Saturday, July 01, 2006

that's a certain text

You know who's good at making Sonic Youth albums? I mean, a lot of musicians try to do it, but they only try (some even try hard), they just can't make it. They can't nail the exhortations, or the dreamy urgency. There's no undercurrent or push. I think Sonic Youth doesn't try to make great Sonic Youth albums...they just make music. -and the natural end result is (often enough)-you guessed it-great Sonic Youth albums. This new "Rather Ripped" is just as awesome as "Washing Machine" -which, by the way, is the album that first made me realize that Sonic Youth is really good at making Sonic Youth albums. So...thanks, Darrin, for taking better care of me than I would-by buying it for me!-kmf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rock on, man.... rock on.