Saturday, March 26, 2005

So I read this story about Owen Wilson's nose, and it -naturally- made me think of "Bottlerocket"-perhaps my favorite movie. That in itself made me think of "Hi-Fidelity" in which John Cusack makes lists of his favorites. And I figured that -since this is a blog- I should post a list of my own. Anyone who's known me for a while already knows all this about me, but what is the point of having a blog anyway... So here's my list of the Greatest 10 Albums of All Time* (*subject to change at any time author chooses to change it-it's my list, isn't it?!)
Astral Weeks--Van Morrison (with an honorary nod to Common One-on a more personal basis)
What Makes A Man Start Fires?--Minutemen/coupled with IF'N--fIREHOSE (I can couple 2 albums as one if I want--It's MY list, remember? -and, anyway, there both really short, so it's easy to pair them together)
Drukqs--Aphex Twin (Everthing can be summed up in track#10 of disc #1 [quite likely the most important song in my entire life]-just ask my wife how many times I've played it!)
Discovery--Daft Punk (Thank you, Jackhammer! -for helping me to understand)
Troubadour/Naturally--J J Cale (again, I can stick two short albums together. Troubadour is night-turning-to-dawn...Naturally is dark-evening-turning-to-darker-night in a myriad of Faulkner stories)
Loaded--The Velvet Underground (especially the 'fully loaded' set with demos and extras...WOW)
Sorry, Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash--the Replacements (I got this cassette back in '88 [by dishonorable means] -I haven't stopped listening to it since then-it is on cd now.
Gold--Starflyer59 (the untitled album that is gold in color--I'm eternally glad that girl broke up with ol' Jason Martin!)
Kaya--Bob Marley (I borrowed this from my future bro-in-law the 2nd time I met him back in '90...I think I gave it back [but I have had his Sonic Youth's "Goo" on vinyl ever since then])
Pistolero--Frank Black and the Catholics (This holds a special place in my heart and when I saw them live they played some awesome songs from it--especially "So. Cal" WOW.)
Figureheads on the Forefront of Pop Culture--Blenderhead (Songwriting at one of its finest hours-I wish these guys would just get together and stay together!)
Okay, so I know there's, like, 13 albums (in 11 spots) on my top 10 list...whatcha gonna do about it!?

No comments: